Maharashtra Water Supply and Sewerage Board (MWSSB) was established as per MWSSB Act 1976 for Rapid development and proper regularization of water supply and sewerage services in the State. MWSSB was subsequently named as Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP) in 1997.
Hon’ble Member Secretary of Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP) is appointed by the State Government and Shri Abhishek Krishna is the Member Secretary of Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP).
Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP) is working under the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Government of Maharashtra. Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran (MJP) has 196 offices across the state with 6 Regional Offices located at Pune, Konkan, Aurangabad, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik.
- Following offices are working under these 6 regional offices.
- 14 circle offices headed by Superintending Engineers.
- 37 Divisional offices headed by Executive Engineers.
- 143 Sub Division Offices headed by Deputy Engineers
- MJP training centre Maharashtra Environmental Engineering Training and Research Academy (MEETRA) is located at Nashik headed by Director .
Main responsibilities of MJP are as under:
- Planning, designing and implementation of water supply and sewerage schemes with the facility of necessary financial provisions.
- Operation and maintenance of water supply and sewerage schemes as directed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Establishing service level benchmark for water supply and sewerage sector.
- Assisting the Government as well as local bodies in the management of solid and liquid waste.
- Providing guidance to the Government as well as the local bodies regarding water supply and sewerage schemes.
- Supporting the Government in preparation of Annual Action Plan and establishment / revision of water supply rate / tax / cess structure.
Establishment Department is working under Member Secretary. The Chief Administrative Officer is the head of the Establishment Department of MJP.
Establishment Department of Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran performs the responsibilities such as updating and publishing seniority list, updating roster, making promotions / appointments, handling general and request transfers proposals, departmental enquiry cases, updating service books, issuing salary increment orders, sanctioning leaves, fixation of salary, retirement as per prescribed age, voluntary retirement, creation of new offices, closure of offices, handling court cases, sanctioning deemed dates, issuing No Objection Certificate for passport / foreign travel, making permanent, regularization of service by ending probation period, sanctioning assured progress plan, assigning additional charge, sanctioning special pay, sanctioning monthly tour / daily, handling the matters related to property owned / occupied by MJP.
The following sections headed by Chief Administrative Officer is as under
- Establishment Officer (Vigilance), Administrative and Establishment Officer, Law and Labour Officer and Manager Estates and Deputy Engineer are working under the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Establishment Officer (Vigilance) is looking after departmental enquiry which is done under Establishment -2 and Confidential reports and Training related matters of officers / employees are being handled through this Desk
- Law and Labour officer looks after Establishment 8 dealing with the subject matter of court of MJP related cases.
- Manager Estates and Deputy Engineer deals with Establishment 9 which is looking after the movable and immovable assets own by MJP, MJP properties given on rent/ properties rented by MJP and allotment of quarters owned by MJP.
- Administrative and Establishment Officer heads the overall Establishment of the 8 Establishment sections and monitor the roles and responsibility of the same.
The duties and responsibilities of the section under Administrative and Establishment Officer are as follows:
- Establishment-1 (Technical Administration): Establishment related matter such as seniority list and promotion in the cadres of Executive Engineer to Chief Engineer (Civil) and Executive Engineer to Superintendent Engineer (Mechanical) are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment-1 (Deputy Engineer): Establishment related matter such as seniority list and promotion in the cadres of Deputy Engineer (Civil / Mechanical) are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment-3 : Establishment related matter such as seniority list and promotion of Desk Officers, and First Clerk and Group-C and Group-D employees are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment- 4: Establishment related matter such as conducting meeting of the Board of Directors of MJP, publication of the annual accounts of MJP and reimbursement of medical bills of the officers / employees of the establishment of MJP, etc. are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment-5 : Establishment related matter such as accounts and finance on the establishment, seniority list and promotions of officers / employees in the cadre of Higher Class stenographer and lower class stenographer as well as Group-C and Group-D employees in the Central Office of MJP are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment-6 : Establishment related matter such as seniority list and promotions of Engineers in the cadre of Assistant Engineer Grade-2 and Junior Engineer (Civil / Mechanical) on the establishment of MJP are being handled through this Desk.
- Establishment-7 : Establishment related matter such as preparation of proposals for hiring the contractual resources of Water Supply of MJP on converted temporary and converted permanent posts and getting the approval of the Hon’ble Member Secretary for the same etc. are being handled through this Desk.